Senin, 23 April 2018

Me, Majid Majidi and Religious Topic on Cinema



11.55 AM · 21 Apr 2018

5.40 PM · 23 Apr 2018
When Majid Majidi meets A.R. Rahman. After I disappointed with people who dismiss
MUHAMMAD: THE MESSENGER OF GOD (2015). @BTCTheFilm

When I heard about Majid Majidi, one film appear in my head, Bačče-hâ-ye âsemân. In English, we usually called it with Children of Heaven. This movie tells about… a brother and sister and their adventures over a lost pair of shoes. It was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film in 1998 @wikipedia.

After watch trailer from @BTCTheFilm, I remember the moment in my life about Majidi’s another movie, the title Muhammad: The Messenger Of God (2015). Why? Cause this movie “dismiss” which issue “Shia Islam”. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_Islam Make me ask to myself, why? Is that “Sunni” or “Shia” still Islam?

NOTE: Most Muslims are of one of two denominations: Sunni (75–90%) or Shia (10–20%). About 13% of Muslims live in Indonesia @wikipedia.

“Muhammad: The Messenger of God” is a 2015 Iranian Islamic epic film directed by Majid Majidi and co-written with Kambuzia Partovi. The film is set in the sixth century where the story revolves around the childhood of the Islamic prophet Muhammad @wikipedia.

Cause that movie focus on “childhood”, I guess, its not about his prophet’s era. Its like a story from him as a boy, not a man. Look at the premise…

This film depicts the pre-Islamic Arabia as seen through the eyes of Muhammad from birth to the age of 13 @wikipedia.

I write this not as a religious person, but as a human who learn to be good, and of course its about business. If we agree “Muhammad: The Messenger of God” have controversial issue, look at this chart from @boxofficemojo…


In the first place, we have “The Passion of the Christ” (also known simply as The Passion) is a 2004 American biblical drama film directed by Mel Gibson @wikipedia. This movie get box office. As an audience, I don’t care about topic controversial, cause I watch people who sacrifice for his belief.

NOTE: In Pew Research Center (2015) List of religious populations…

Christianity (31.2%)
Islam (24.1%)
Unaffiliated (16%)
Hinduism (15.1%)
Buddhism (6.9%)
Chinese Folk (5.7%)
Other (0.8%)
Judaism (0.2%)


That’s mean, as a human we have many topics from keyword “religion” which can explore as a story. Its not just controversial things, its about we miss something to our belief. That’s why film/movie can bring the past to present in audio-visual, cause we can learn from that.


Learn from our “Poor Building The Movie”, I share this 30 minutes segment to many mosques. I don’t care about Islam’s denominations. Sunni, Shia, Ahmadiyya, Khawarij, Sufi or else. Cause I believe “God, the absolute One”. In another point of view I can write “Islam is One” or “The World is One”. Depends on the aliens, good or bad.




-----