Selasa, 16 Agustus 2016

Tonio (2016)



Why do I choose this trailer as #MyChoiceTrailer from Netherlands submissions to Academy 89th? Because this trailer makes me feeling something about question, “What if Tonio’s father is me?”. Its very painful. This 2 minutes video describe about background story, who a Man lose his (only) Son (at least that is my conclusion after watch this trailer).


Let’s me remember my experience about Netherlands movie to @TheAcademy. First, I watch Netherlands movie to Oscar is “Antonia’s Line” (1995). I watch this movie at Erasmus Huis, Kuningan, Jakarta. As I remember, I was try to understand, “Why do we laugh while watching that movie?”. Its about Dutch’s style in comedy. Make me remember my article in film school (before), about “using technology in slapstick comedy style”. This moment make me have conclusion... If dutch movie means “comedy”.

About Dutch people in film, of course I remember Jan de Bont. In high school, me and my friends make our hair looks like Keanu Reeves in movie “Speed” (1994). This is very funny because that style influence our life (as a teenager). Bont makes me have conclusion about movie from dutch people, with keyword... “stylish”.

But this is for the first time to me watch the trailer with taste... “Hurts feeling” from “Tonio” (2016). From the scoring; acting; how Paula and team introduce this movie from this trailer, make me go in to the story althought I’m not really understand the dutch language. This is different from Paula’s movie (before) with the title “Accused” (2014). This taste hurts and deep for me.


Link:
List of Dutch submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
#MyChoiceTrailer for "List of submissions to the 89th Academy Awards" (Chapter 1)
#MyChoiceTrailer for "List of submissions to the 89th Academy Awards" (Chapter 2)

(Gelumbang, South Sumatra, Indonesia)