Kamis, 18 Agustus 2016

The Flower of Aleppo (2016)





First, I know about Egyptian movie after watch trailer with title Factory Girl (2013), make me interest with that character. I ask to myself, “is that beauty from Egypt?”. Of course that is not the most a beautiful girl from Egypt, she is ordinary girl, I can feel it. But the story need that, because its not “Cleopatra” from a long long time ago. This is link for that trailer which I watched before...


And now, I’ll try to choose one movie trailer from Egypt for The 89th Academy Award. Its only my choice, just practice my intuitive in cinema. Maybe this work can help people who interest with this topic. I mean, sometime we don’t know about film from another country, we blank, and I come to you as “Superhero” in the internet (just kidding).  

For me, this activity make me learn about searching movie from many countries. Something like “around the world”, or understanding their culture and everything. But the most important thing to me, its about “beauty”. Yeah, make you feel like “James Bond” travelling for finding “the most beautiful girl in the world” (Prince’s song).

And then I find one movie trailer from Egypt, the title is “Before the Summer Crowds” (2016). When I see that movie poster, I feel something different about that movie. Something make me curiousity and ask, “is this Egypt style?”. A woman, with long hair, ride the bicycle in the beach. I ask again to myself, “what’s the story of this movie?”. I search and know something, if this movie tells about keyword “widow”.

Another trailer I meet is “The Fourth Pyramid” (2016). One word in my mind after watch this trailer is “surprise”. Why? Because I can’t believe they making the movie about keyword “hacker”. This is stylish for me, especially scene that young man click keyboard in their laptop, and then the lamps from a building switch off. This is simple, but can describe a thing, if he is a hacker. Great.

But that is not my choice for “Oscar 89th”. They still have another movie with the title, “Clash / Eshtebak” (2016). Before, I choose this as #MyChoiceTrailer. Because that movie trailer make me have conclusion, if the story in single location. This is unique, but I’m not choose this.

I prefer choose one trailer from movie with the title, “The Flower of Aleppo” (2016). Why? Because the keyword from this movie is “ISIS”. My feeling for this movie is great, because as a moslem, keyword ISIS mean something now.


As I read from imdb, this movie tells about a mother who rescue her son (from ISIS). This is great story for me. I mean, we need this movie for show to the world. We can learn about a mother who her son recruit by ISIS. Learn about her love, learn about she struggle to rescue her son.






#MyChoiceTrailer for "List of submissions to the 89th Academy Awards" (Chapter 1)
#MyChoiceTrailer for "List of submissions to the 89th Academy Awards" (Chapter 2)
#MyChoiceTrailer for "List of submissions to the 89th Academy Awards" (Chapter 3)
#MyChoiceTrailer for "List of submissions to the 89th Academy Awards" (Chapter 4)
#MyChoiceTrailer for Dutch submissions in the 89th Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film